Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Conundrum of Sorts

Hello, friends!  I am in a conundrum of sorts with a lack of a workable camera!  I have so much I want to show you, but:
A.  My iPhone camera has bit the dust so I need to take a trip to the Genius Bar.
B.  My hubby took one of our cameras with him on his tour of the US. (Um, yeah, touring the US, I think he needs it!)
C. My other camera needs a new battery and I am having difficulty finding the right size.  So, I can't believe in the year 2012 I am without a camera, but I am!  Welcome to the 19th century, Rachel!

I still wanted to update you on happenings in my life.  With Mark being gone on his tour and the help of a sweet friend, my house is much more organized.  My friend Emily owns Organizing with Emily, a company she just began to enable her to stay at home with her adorable daughter, Olivia.  I had considered hiring a professional organizer to help me get a handle on things here.  I really needed help with a game plan- I felt like I played chess every time I organized and just moved pieces of my life around, but none were ever settled or fit.  When I saw her announce her business on Facebook, I knew what I wanted for my birthday!  So, my hubby gave me 3 hours of her organizing time!

She came over Tuesday night.  We worked for 3 hours straight and accomplished so much!  Let me just say, wow, that girl has energy.  She pulled everything out of Maggie's closet (which was also being used for stockpile items and stuff remaining from when it was my closet) and we got to work.  She helped me organize my stockpile.  We went through and packed up outgrown items in Maggie's room.  We also conquered the laundry room and got the laundry and cleaning supply stockpile moved in there.  I was so inspired, motivated, and renewed when she left!  I continued to work all week on my house and I am finally pleased with how it looks.

I had a 31 Party today, and my guests loved my house.  I wish I'd taken before-and-after shots of the rooms, but let's just say, the before shots were not pretty!  As soon as I conquer my camera conundrum, I will post after pics of my rooms!  I am so pleased.

How about you?  Any organizing success stories out there?  Please share in the comments box.  It's always fun to see comments on my blog.  If you have pictures on your blog, please include a link!

Lastly, I'm going to list my organizing project to-do list which I compiled the other night:
  • reorganize/clean under my sink
  • continue progress on paper purge/sort/file
  • continue progress on decluttering/organizing books
  • find a workable solution for my shoes
  • purge and organize the linen closet
  • organize the playroom- done!
  • take pictures of clothes I want to sell, post them, set a date to sell them by, or take them to Goodwill (I have some really cute clothes that just don't fit this post-pregnancy bod anymore!)
  • purge/sort/organize my Tupperware
  • make a menu board to hang on my fridge for the daily supper plan to be posted
I'm sure there will be more!  I think I'm on a roll now!  I love being organized, just doing it is my problem.  Emily helped me get that motivation back because I see now that there is hope for my house!

Thank you to all my friends, family, and neighbors who came to my 31 party today.    It was a huge success!  And, thank you to all who have read this far.  I know it's not as fun to read blogs without pictures!  I promise I will get this camera conundrum solved soon!

PS- Check out Emily's blog listed above.  If you live in the Greater Nashville area, give her a call!  I know she will do a fabulous job!  

No comments:

Post a Comment