Thursday, June 21, 2012

Maggie's 1st Birthday Party

I thought I'd share some pics of how Maggie's birthday turned out.  We chose a Zoe theme for Maggie's 1st birthday. As I searched the web for inspiration, I realized there isn't much out there for a Zoe party.  There are tons of ideas for Elmo, but that just wouldn't do for our Zoe-obsessed little girl. Maggie has loved Sesame Street since she was itty bitty. She also seems to be attracted to the color orange. We incorporated pink with the orange and the Zoe theme.

Isn't the birthday girl cute in this darling dress with matching bloomers that I found on Etsy?


 Here's the spread of party goodies.  You will see the pink and orange theme even in most of the food.  On the menu:  Chicken Salad Croissants, Pasta Salad, Goldfish Shaped PBJs for the kids (Zoe's best friend, Elmo has a pet fish), Carrots and Dip, Melon Skewers, Cheetos, and a Zoe cheese ball.

 My mom designed this adorable Zoe cheese ball.  It was almost too cute to eat!










 We had the party at my parents' house.  I decorated the mantel with pictures from Maggie's first year.  I got the frames at Dollar Tree and spray painted them hot pink.  Easy peasy!  I made the banner from a file I purchased on Etsy.  There is so much cute stuff on Etsy for any theme you want.

 The sweets were on the dining room table.  For the centerpiece I used roses, a hot pink sparkly "M" and Maggie's new Zoe doll.  Zoe looks so cute in her tutu.  I couldn't wait for Maggie to meet her new doll!
 We had yummy cupcakes for dessert made by Aunt Becca- chocolate cupcakes with pink icing and orange cake with orange icing.  They were delish.  The birthday girl had a special orange "smash cake" just for her.  I got the cupcake toppers on Etsy from the same dealer who made her invitation and banner.

 It was a beautiful day, even though it was December 3.  We used lots of pink and orange balloons and crepe paper to add to the festive feel as soon as you drove up.




So, that's the set-up for the party!  It was so fun to put together.  More pics of party day to come. . .

























1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so fun and festive! Love the cheese ball. You all are so talented when it comes to food!

    ReplyDelete